Monday, August 13, 2018

Diabelli Project 203 - Piece for Violin and Piano 4

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme, these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

To mark my 200th flash composition, I'm expanding the concept a little bit. I've still limited myself to a 10-minute session. But this time each sketch will pick up where the last one left off over the course of the month.

This is the final installment. The sketch starts at the beginning of the second system. As I noted before, the more notes in the measures, the fewer measures I can write in the time limit. The A in the violin serves as a pivot. It has a different relationship with each chord the piano plays (although always a consonant one).

If I were to continue, I think the piece would move to either a B-flat or A-flat tonal center.




As always, you can use any or all of the posted Diabelli Project sketches as you wish for free. Just be sure to share the results. I'm always curious to see what direction someone else can take this material.

No comments:

Post a Comment