Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Shedding the O-Gauge Zen Garden, Part 2

In Shedding the O-Gauge Zen Garden I wrote about upgrading a siding. I replaced the toy-like metal Erector shed with a Lionel barrel shed kit. Part of the process involved adding new lights. I used the Woodland Scenics Just Plug Lighting System.

I wanted an adhesive-backed LED light for the shed's interior and a goose-neck light for the exterior. Both are only sold in pairs with the Just Plug System.

So I went ahead and upgraded the lighting in the companion trackside shed. It now has an interior LED light and an exterior goose-neck light.

One of the advantages of the Just Plug System is that I can adjust the intensity of each light individually. The barrel shed is a much smaller structure than the trackside shed. I dialed back the interior light so it didn't turn the shed into a beacon.

And the exterior light on the trackside structure is much brighter than the one on the barrel shed. Which makes sense -- it has to illuminate a larger area. 

So I was able to do two lighting upgrades with one purchase. And I am more than happy with the results. This won't be the last time I use this lighting system. I already have plans for the next project.





No comments:

Post a Comment